Since 2004, Steve has helped clients make good decisions about their finances, so they can pursue and enjoy what is most important to them. He is dedicated to providing personalized, professional investment and financial planning advice.
Steve is a passionate advocate on the subject of financial planning for aging family members. “My grandmother had dementia and started declining around the time I became an advisor,” says Steve. “I’m so glad I was there to help her so she didn’t have to worry about money. This early experience shaped the rest of my career.”
Before joining Grand Wealth Management in 2015, Steve was a financial advisor and partner at Savant Capital in the Washington, DC area. He has been quoted in numerous national publications including The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, Forbes, Morningstar, USA Today, Time, and Consumer Reports. Steve also has been recognized for his contributions to the financial services industry by InvestmentNews (“40 Under 40,” 2015), the Financial Planning Association of the National Capital Area (“Financial Planner of the Year,” 2012), and the Washingtonian (“Top Advisor,” 2014).
Steve is a violinist, and avid supporter of the arts and arts education. He serves on the development committee for the Grand Rapids Symphony. Steve also serves on the board of Rethinking Dementia: Accelerating Change, is a member of Grand Rapids Rotary, and is a member of the 2017 class of Leadership Grand Rapids.
- MBA, University of Virginia, Darden School of Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, University of Michigan
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, University of Michigan
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Financial Planner of the Year (FPA NCA 2012)
- InvestmentNews 40 under 40 (2015)
Publications and News
- Journal of Financial Planning – Appropriate Investment Strategies During a Period of Care
- MiBiz – Return to normal market volatility could rile investors in 2018
- WZZM 13 – Does the new tax law affect charitable giving?
- Journal of Financial Planning – A Fiduciary Approach for Clients Who Need Long-Term Services and Supports
- Grand Rapids Business Journal – Putting the financial house in order with a plan
- Barron’s – The Real Cost of Health Care in Retirement
- Grand Rapids Business Journal – Inside Track: From rocket scientist to number cruncher
- Financial Advisor Magazine – Advisor Innovation and Client Dementia
- CNBC – How to deal with memory loss and finances
- WSJ – Handling a Client’s Cognitive Decline
- Journal of Financial Planning – Is Your Firm Prepared for Alzheimer’s?