Dementia presents a significant risk for clients. Medical research confirms that difficulty with personal finances is one of the first challenges people have in the early stages of dementia. This means a person can make really expensive mistakes before anyone notices there is a problem. It also means a financial advisor may notice a problem before others do. In this article, Steve provides innovative best practices for advisers to help and protect clients including communication tools, procedures, and how to get family members involved in the right way.
- Charitable Giving Under New Tax Laws: Understanding the Donor-Advised Fund (DAF)
- Forbes Column: Stephanie Mushna, CFP® Weighs in on Saving for Retirement (at Any Age)
- Getting to Know Stephanie Mushna, CFP®
- The Vital Role of Rebalancing
- Journal of Financial Planning: Steve Starnes Advises Other Advisors on Long-Term Care